Allergic reaction caused due to intake of certain food items is known as food allergy. This may be a result of the immune system producing anti-bodies in response to the foreign substance. It vary from one individual to another, but the most common types of allergy triggering food items are wheat, peanuts, shellfish, meat, prawn, sugar and gluten. Some of the symptoms of food allergy may include rashes, nausea, irritation, sneezing and fever.
There are several home remedies for food allergy which have been tried by many people since a very long time. Some of the popular home remedies are:
1. Banana is considered to be one of the most effective home remedies for allergy. It helps in preventing and curing symptoms such as stomach pain and skin rashes. Therefore make it a daily habit of consuming bananas.
2. It is very helpful in taking four to five days of juice fast on regular basis in order to restore normal immune system functioning. This will result in helping your body to create tolerance to the allergen and regulate the system.
3. Castor oil is also very helpful in treating food allergies. All you need to do is take half a cup of water and add five drops of castor oil in it. Drink this solution on empty stomach every morning.
4. Take a glass of lukewarm water and squeeze half a lime in it. Now add one teaspoon of honey and mix properly. Drink this mixture every morning for several months. This procedure is very helpful in flushing the toxins out of the system.
5. Vitamin E is also effective home remedy. It is known to have anti-allergen properties and can be very beneficial in providing relief to a person suffering from food allergy.
6. Acupuncture helps in restoring the natural balance of the body and treating symptoms caused by food allergy. It is a very safe remedy because it does not have any side effects. This procedure basically involves the acupuncturist placing thin sterile needles on specific points.
7. Yoga has also proved to very effective in treating certain allergy symptoms. Some of the important yogasanas like the yogamudra shoulderstand pose and half spinal twist pose are very helpful in treating allergies.
8. Every morning drink juice of carrot juice mixed with beet or cucumber juice to prevent food allergies. It is one of the efficient home remedies for food allergy.
9. Eggs can cause severe allergic reactions in some individuals. Avoid eating half boiled eggs since it can cause allergic reaction. Allergen present is the egg can be destroyed by cooking the egg completely.
10. Milk can also cause allergy in certain people due to whey and casein present in it. Therefore it is better to consume pasteurized milk.
11. Try to avoid alcohol consumption. Do not drink cola, tea or coffee. Preserved food products and bakery products should also be eliminated from the diet.
12. Peanuts can cause dangerous allergic reaction. It can cause respiratory problems which can cause dire consequences in some individuals. Therefore eat roasted peanuts only.